Discover our garden furniture range at Fernhill Garden Centre. A soft outdoor sofa to relax on or a robust dining table with multiple chairs, at Fernhill we have got it all! Take a look at what we have to offer and choose what suits you best. You can easily choose your outdoor garden furniture from our wide range of outdoor garden furniture in various materials & colours lounge garden sets outdoor living, all garden furniture, garden chairs, garden tables and garden furniture sets of the brands Alexander Rose, Extreme Lounging, Kaemingk, Kettler and Leisuregrow.
Garden furniture sale
For the best garden furniture in Ireland, come to Fernhill Garden Centre. What better way to enjoy nature than in your own garden? Depending on the type of outdoor activities you want to do in the garden, you can choose the most suitable furniture. If you like to spend your day relaxing outside, a daybed or hammock is perfect for you. However, if you like inviting friends and family over for dinner or drinks, garden furniture sets are probably more suitable for you. And of course, you can always have both! Just ask our staff for additional information if you are looking for advice. They will help you by answering any questions you may have about garden furniture. Fernhill Garden Centre is open seven days a week, so stop by whenever you have the time!
All the best garden furniture brands
Come to our garden centre to see all the garden furniture we have in stock. We sell all the best garden furniture brands! Looking for a wooden bench or an entire sofa set? You can find it all at Fernhill Garden Centre nearby you! Some of the garden furniture brands we sell at Fernhill are:
- Tom Chambers;
How to clean garden furniture?
- Wicker or rattan furniture: Use a soft brush or sponge and a mild detergent to clean wicker or rattan furniture. Rinse with a hose and let it dry in the sun. Avoid using too much water, as this can damage the furniture.
- Metal furniture: Use a solution of warm water and mild detergent to clean metal furniture. Rinse with a hose and dry with a soft cloth. For rust or stains, use a metal polish or rust remover.
- Wooden furniture: Use a soft brush or sponge and a mild detergent to clean wooden furniture. Rinse with a hose and let it dry completely. Apply a coat of wood sealer or oil to protect the wood.
- Plastic furniture: Use a solution of warm water and mild detergent to clean plastic furniture. Rinse with a hose and let it dry in the sun. For stubborn stains, use a scrub brush or a mixture of vinegar and water.
- Cushions: Remove cushion covers and wash them according to the care instructions on the label. For foam cushions, spot clean with a mixture of mild detergent and water.
Are garden furniture cushions waterproof?
Garden furniture cushions come in all shapes and sizes and can have different properties. Some garden furniture cushions are waterproof, while others shouldn’t come into contact with water. Visit Fernhill in-store or online and enjoy the vast range of garden furniture cushions we stock. Pick at your leisure!
Although lots of garden furniture cushions are indeed waterproof, leaving them out for longer periods is usually recommended. There are a few reasons for this: first of all, even though waterproof cushions can handle some water, rain can still cause problems in other ways. Trapped moisture in folds and crevices in the cushion can cause mould and algae to grow. Second of all, in a storm with harsh winds, there’s a good chance some gust of wind will take off with your beloved cushions. That’s why Fernhill always recommends taking your garden furniture cushions inside after use.
Can garden furniture be left outside?
Most garden furniture is specially adapted to sustaining harsh weather, like heavy rain, wind or sunlight. This means most of your garden furniture can stay outside. However, sometimes it might be wise to take it in or to cover it up with a garden furniture cover. Situations in which you should store your garden furniture away after use are:
- When your garden furniture isn’t too heavy. For example, (reclining) chairs are best taken inside to avoid any damage caused by harsh winds.
- When your garden furniture is (partially) made of wood or textile. These materials tend to take damage from too much moisture, so taking them inside, if possible, is recommended.
- Parasols should always be closed firmly when not in use, and in stormy weather, taking parasols inside altogether is the safest way to go.
At Fernhill we care about our products and our customers. If you have any more questions regarding garden furniture, never hesitate to ask them!
When to buy garden furniture?
Garden furniture can usually be bought throughout the whole year. Here at Fernhill, a wide range of fantastic garden furniture can be enjoyed all year round, for excellent prices. Visit us in-store or online and pick the perfect garden furniture for your backyard.
Generally speaking, the best moments to buy your new garden furniture are right at the start of the spring/summer season. During this period, garden centres will offer a large assortment of garden furniture, leaving you with many choices.
The other best moment to get your hands on some new garden furniture is when summer starts to end, and the temperatures drop. During this period, garden centres won’t expect many garden furniture sales anymore and usually offer attractive discounts.
Garden Furniture from Fernhill Garden Centre
Here at Fernhill Garde Centre, we sell all the garden furniture you need! Visit us seven days a week and have a look at what is in store for you. The advantage of coming to our garden centre, instead of buying online, is that you can see and feel all the furniture we sell. This way, you can be sure the furniture is 100% to your liking. Choose high-quality outdoor life, with the best furniture for the garden. For garden furniture nearby, visit Fernhill Garden Centre!
When to cover garden furniture?
Not all garden furniture needs to be covered, but it’s recommended to do so in most cases. Garden furniture covers protect your garden furniture, making it last longer and keeping it a clean and new look. Invest in a well-fitted garden furniture cover, to ensure optimal protection. Covering your garden furniture is more important in certain situations, like:
- Strong wind or heavy rain. Watch out for gusts taking off with lightweight reclining chairs or cushions. Rain can cause damage to specific materials, like wood or textile.
- When you own a parasol. Ensure your parasol is closed and covered when not in use, to avoid damage to the parasol and its surroundings.
- Prolonged periods of little use, for example, autumn and winter. Garden furniture should be preserved with a garden furniture cover to ensure its safety.
Which garden furniture is best?
There’s an enormous array of garden furniture available near you. For example, Fernhill sells all kinds of beautiful garden furniture pieces for excellent prices. Visit this garden centre in-store in Athlone or look at the assortment in the online shop.
What is the best garden furniture out there? Since the range is extensive and there’s so much to choose from, deciding which garden furniture is the best is ultimately up to you. As a customer, you have different wants, needs and preferences to cater to, which means that the best garden furniture is another piece for everyone. When choosing furniture for your backyard, consider your budget, available space, personal schedule, and preferred style.
Which rattan garden furniture is best?
Rattan garden furniture has significantly risen in popularity in the past few years, and for good reasons; rattan has a timeless and elegant look. On top of that, its sturdiness, durability and affordability have attracted much appreciation. Rattan goes with everything, is easy to clean and will look fantastic in any garden or backyard.
Where can you find the best rattan furniture? Visit Fernhill in Athlone in-store or take a look at the online shop. Whether you need a dining set, lounge set, bistro set or simply a few comfortable chairs, Fernhill’s got it all.
Cleaning rattan garden furniture is best done with a bucket of soapy water and a sturdy brush. Rinse your garden furniture with water and go over the surface with the brush to ensure no dirt gets left behind. Take a smaller brush to get any leftover soil out of the crevices and finish with a final rinse.