When to plant seed potatoes?
There are three variations of potato seeds. Make sure you plant the potato seeds at the right time.
First earlies – around late March.
Second earlies – early to mid-April.
Maincrops – mid- to late April.
Where to plant seed potatoes?
It is best to plant seed potatoes after the chance of hard frost has passed, but while you are still experiencing light frosts.
- The soil must be at least 10 degrees Celsius.
- Make sure the soil is not too wet. Like other seeds, potato seeds will rot if planted in ground that is too wet.
- Choose a sunny spot in the garden. Seed potatoes fancy a place that receives at least 6 hours of full sun per day.
How to plant seed potatoes?
Dig a trench to a depth of about 10 cm (4")and place the seed potatoes into the soil with the rose end pointing up. Fill the trench with soil to cover the potatoes and, if required, scatter potato fertiliser along the top of the trench.
- Plant the seed potatoes around 30-45cm (12-18") apart.
- The distance between rows should be 60-75 cm (24-30").
When to harvest seed potatoes?
Most potato seeds can be harvested approximately after 10-20 weeks from planting, depending on the variety. First early potatoes are full-grown after 10 weeks, whilst maincrop potatoes are finished after 20 weeks.
First early potatoes should be ready to lift in June and July.
Second earlies in July and August.
Maincrops from late August through to October.
- Weight (kg)2kg
- Potato typeMaincrop
We offer the following delivery & collection options:
- Same-day pick-up
- Nationwide delivery by courier
Write a review about "Rooster Seed Potatoes 2kg "
We want to know your opinion! Write a review about the product “Rooster Seed Potatoes 2kg ” and win a Fernhill Gardening Gift Voucher of €25 !
Are you looking for the product "Rooster Seed Potatoes 2kg "? We offer this product in our garden centre in Cornamagh, Ireland. You can order it online or you can visit our garden centre in Cornamagh, Athlone, Ireland for more information about "Rooster Seed Potatoes 2kg ". We look forward to seeing you soon!