Create some shade on a hot summer day with our range of parasols.
A Guide to Buying the Perfect Parasol
Are you a lover of the great outdoors? Perhaps you’re someone who enjoys spending your free time relaxing in the garden, reading a book, or sipping on some tea. Or maybe you’re someone who works hard all year round to keep your home and garden looking beautiful. If so, you’ll know that sunlight is one of the most crucial factors in making your gardening experience as enjoyable as possible. Whether you love to spend time working in your garden, there are many ways that you can optimize the conditions for optimal light and heat throughout the year. One way to do this is by investing in a parasol.
What is a Parasol?
A parasol is a garden umbrella designed to provide shade and protection from the sun. You can use parasols on beaches, at the park, in the garden, and on picnic tables or decking. Parasols can come in various shapes, sizes, colours and designs. They can also be made from a range of materials and fabrics. Discover our range of parasols and find your favourite.
Types of Parasols
There are three different types of parasols.
- Upright Parasols - Upright parasols are an excellent option for those who want to provide shade in a single specific area. They are typically taller than other parasols and are great for blocking sunlight from reaching a single outdoor seat or table. Upright parasols work well in many settings and can provide excellent protection from the sun’s rays without being too intrusive in your outdoor space. They are often made of fabric and can be purchased in various colours.
- Tilting Parasols - Tilting parasols are similar to upright parasols in that they are designed to create shade in a specific area. They have an adjustable pole and a tilting canopy. You can move this parasol as the sun moves. Tilting parasols are ideal for small patios or balconies.
- Cantilever parasols - Cantilever parasols are another variation of tilting parasols but are designed to be mounted to the side of the table rather than in the centre. These parasols are often made from aluminium and can be a great addition to a rustic garden.
Deciding on The Right Type for You
There are a few factors to consider when deciding on the best type of parasol for your needs. These include the amount of sunlight in your area, your level of skin sensitivity, and the amount of space you have in your garden.
- Sunlight - A traditional upright parasol may be best for you if you enjoy spending time in direct sunlight for long periods and only like to be in the shade when dining. However, a tilting parasol may be a better option if you want to spend more time in shaded areas of your garden or have a sensitive skin type.
- Space - If you have a small garden or don’t have room for a large parasol, then a smaller, garden-style parasol may be the best option.
Buying Guide for Garden Parasols
If you’ve decided to purchase a parasol, you’ll want to ensure that you get the best product for your needs. Here are some things to look out for when purchasing a garden parasol:
- Material - The material used to make your parasol can significantly impact its durability and lifespan. You may decide to opt for a parasol made from polyester or acrylic. Each of these materials has benefits and downsides.
- Size - You should also consider the size of the parasol you decide on purchasing. You may want to consider buying a large parasol if you have a large garden. If you have a smaller garden, you could opt for a smaller parasol.
- Weight - Some parasols are significantly heavier than others. If you have physical impairments or health conditions that make lifting heavy things difficult, you’ll want to opt for a lighter parasol.
- Price - Finally, you’ll want to consider the cost of the parasol you decide on purchasing. You don’t have to spend a fortune to get a high-quality parasol. You can find some excellent deals on our webshop.
Garden Parasols at Fernhill
Parasols are a fantastic and inexpensive way to provide shade and protection from the sun. They can be found in various shapes, sizes, and designs and are made from different materials and fabrics. Whether you prefer a traditional upright parasol or a modern-style cantilever parasol, you’ll find a wide variety of options to choose from. If you love to spend time working in your garden, there are many ways that you can optimize the conditions for optimal light and heat throughout the year. One way to do this is by investing in a parasol. Discover our range of parasols and find the one that fits your outdoors.